Barry Manilow will have to postpone his arena tour after a “very depressing visit” to his surgeon.
In a social media statement shared on Friday, Feb, 20, the singer said that despite using the treadmill three times a day, he still couldn’t sing more than three songs in a row before having to stop. Still, he was sure he’d be able to perform the arena shows coming up in a few weeks. Despite his optimism, Manilow said the surgeon shook his head and told him, “Barry, you won’t be ready to do a 90 minute show. Your lungs aren’t ready yet. You’re in great shape considering what you’ve been through, but your body isn’t ready. You shouldn’t do the first Arena shows. You won’t make it through.”
While “deep down,” Manilow said he wanted to go back on stage, his “body knew what my heart didn’t want to admit: I wasn’t ready.”
Manilow announced back in December that he would undergo surgery to remove a “cancerous spot” on his lung. He was scheduled to kick off his 2026 farewell tour dates in January, but was forced to reschedule. Then, in February, Manilow said he would have to push back the dates again as he needed more time to recover before appearing on stage.
According to his most recent update, the singer will postpone the first batch of arena shows from Feb. 27 to March 17. Per his doctor, Manilow said he likely can still perform the Las Vegas shows at the “very end of March” and the second batch of concerts at the beginning of April.
“I’m SO, SO sorry I have to reschedule some of these first Arena shows. Again!” the singer wrote, before promising, “But when I do come back, I will COME BACK!!!”
Manilow thanked fans for their support and wrote, “The doctor said that my body had been through hell and that it needed time to heal. So, I’m going back to healing. All my love and gratitude, B.”

